Le Val de Cesse
UNMISSABLE ACTIVITIES IN LANGUEDOC-ROUSSILLON
With no less than 8 UNESCO World Heritage sites, Occitania is full of natural and cultural wonders. The region alone accounts for nearly 25% of the classified sites in France. Many of the most remarkable sites are directly accessible from the Val de Cesse campsite. To help you organise your stay in the Aude, we have listed the best tourist sites in the Languedoc. Sportsmen and women, relaxation enthusiasts, history buffs and foodies will all find what they’re looking for in this land of ancient traditions. The whole team at Le Val de Cesse campsite welcomes you to one of the most beautiful regions in France.
THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT OF THE AUDE
Located at a bend of the River Cesse, the village of Mirepeisset is the starting point for all sorts of outings. On foot, by bike, on horseback or by boat, visitors can explore the natural beauty of the Aude.
La Rigole runs through the entire length of Mirepeisset. The village is bordered by the Canal du Midi and is only a few kilometres from the Aude. Your holiday at the Le Val de Cessecampsite offers you the chance to explore the area by water as well as on land.
There are many hiking trails to choose from, starting from your mobile home. On the vineyard paths of the Minervois, through the forest or along the waterways, you can immerse yourself in Occitan history by exploring the fascinating traces of the area’s past.
To help you prepare for your stay in the Aude, the team at Le Val de Cesse campsite would like to share their two favourites:
- Cruise on the Canal du Midi: 3 km from the campsite – information at reception
- Horse riding: enquire at reception
THE CULTURAL ENVIRONMENT OF THE AUDE
The Aude is a land of history that offers visitors a chance to explore its fascinating past. Throughout your stay in Occitania, you can explore the wealth of the region’s amazing heritage.
In Mirepeisset, you can enjoy the relaxed pace of Occitan life by strolling among the stalls in the regional markets, fairs and flea markets organised all summer long.
All around the village, you’ll find the castles of Cathar Country and the region’s most beautiful villages: Alet-les-Bains, Carcassonne, Castelnaudary, Caunes-Minervois and Rennes-le-Château.
Not to be missed when you’re in the Aude:
- Narbonne, listed as a City of Art and History;
- the 52 towers of the ramparts of the mediaeval city of Carcassonne, 48 km from the campsite;
- Perpignan la Catalane, nicknamed the “Centre of the World” by Salvador Dali;
- Olonzac, 13 km from the campsite, where the Celliers d’Onairac organise free wine tastings;
- L’Oulibo, the olive cooperative that offers guided tours;
- Minerve, just 15 km from Le Val de Cesse, is one of the most beautiful villages in France.
CULTURAL EVENTS IN OCCITANIA
Composed of 13 departments, including the Aude, Occitania is a culturally rich region. From Cathar Country to the Camargue, via the Cévennes and the Mediterranean ports, each area has its own traditions.
While you’re on holiday at Le Val de Cesse campsite in Mirepeisset you can easily access the biggest events in Occitania. You’ll discover the surprising cultural treasures of the South of France.
- In July, head to Béziers for the water jousting.
- In August, head to Aigues-Mortes for the mediaeval festival of Saint-Louis and the historical re-enactments.
- The Feria de la Pentecost in Nîmes is an unmissable event. On the programme: the pégoulade torchlit procession, carnival parade, penas, Sevillana dance, concerts and shows.
- On 24 June, Perpignan celebrates Saint Joan. It gives visitors the chance to witness a massive bonfire burning at the top of the Canigou.
- The Raid des Sables race, in Saintes-Marie-de-la-Mer, takes place in late April. Will you be ready to take on the canoeing, running or mountain biking challenges?
- In mid-July, the horses of the Camargue take centre stage at the Festival du Cheval in Saintes-Maries-de-la-mer.
- Les Déferlantes d’Argelès-sur-Mer and the Festival des Arènes de Nîmes are the two biggest music festivals in the region.
THE PARTNERS OF LE VAL DE CESSE
To help you organise your stay in Mirepeisset, the team at Le Val de Cesse campsite has selected the best activities in the Aude for you to choose from.
To guarantee you an unforgettable holiday, our friendly campsite has set up two partnerships:
- La Garenne leisure centre: the only development on the Cesse with the one in Bize-Minervois, La Garenne Lake is 400 m long. It offers many recreational facilities. Children and adults alike enjoy the lovely weather in the South of France.
- The Appaloosas du Pech offer horse riding. The tour of the Pech, the ‘End of the World’ and the swimming trip are some of the best circular tours to do around Mirepeisset. To ensure that children can also take part, the ranch has several ponies.
CHECK OUT THE WATER PARK AT LE VAL DE CESSE CAMPSITE